Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Cat

Our cat is the luckiest cat in the world!! Not only did I rescue her when I responded to a free kitten ad and picked the smallest, most sickly looking one, she gets away with murder. She often sleeps on the stairs so that you have to be a gymnast to maneuver around her, especially if you're trying to carry something up or down the stairs (like an over-flowing laundry basket). She has been know to crawl into bed with me, clean herself for 15-20 mins, fall asleep and then snore loudly! If you attempt to read the paper, pay bills, do homework, etc., she will come and lay down in the middle of whatever it is no matter if you're working on the floor or dining room table. One of her favorites is clean laundry! I cannot leave a basket of clean laundry where she can get to it! I constantly have to fight her off of the laundry as I fold it. The car seat is a perfect example of this. I usually put the car seat back together after I wash it and put it right back in my truck. On this particular evening, I finished reassembling the car seat and turn around to get my keys. When I turned around to grab the car seat, this is what I found. I literally had to dump her out of it! I often tell her she is worst than the kids and that's a feat in and of itself! Despite her spoiled behavior, we love her dearly and couldn't imagine life without her!
This is Sugar's favorite spot to sleep! It's hard to see in the picture, but it's the footrest of my recliner. As soon as I pop it up, she's there!

No comments: