Saturday, April 5, 2008

Basketball and New Bed

We've had a very bust day! Sammie had a basketball game in the morning. She made a basket!! The girl that hogs the ball passed a few times and sat out the last couple of mins of the game. Sammie is an excelent defender. The one girl she was guarding was obviously frustrated with how much Sammie was on top of her. She pushed Sammie away a couple times and shot her several dirty looks. In the end Sammie's team won! It's hard to get a clear shot, but I got a little bit of video.

The girls posed for some pics after the game. They are mid-dance in the one! Next stop was kid watch where Giovanni was there to surprise us! Con and Lindsey where working out too this morning. The kids played while George and I worked out. Sammie then had swim, where she learned that she would not be moving to the next level. Her endurance isn't quit there. Tears were shed but quickly dried up with talk of lunch at Country Cones.

After lunch, was a clean up the house mission. The biggest accomplishment was getting the bookshelf out of Erin's room and getting the toddler bed set up. Erin loves to help me fix things. Every time I get a tool out she wants to use it! She handed me the bolts as I putting the bed together! She seems very excited about the bed. As our trip to Hawaii draws nearer, I wanted to make sure Erin would be comfortable sleeping outside of her crib. She has been doing so well with the cot at daycare, I decided to go for it. She loved practicing getting in and out of bed.

Erin fell asleep after only a few minutes. Hopefully she makes it through the night. Now we just need to see how the morning goesErin has also been high-fiving lately. Very cute!

1 comment:

Matt Capocci said...

GOOD JOB Sammie!! That girl looked like a terrible player. You must have made her scared, cause she wasn't moving at all. ;)