Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blocks!





I'm loving this stay-at-home-mom gig! If only the pay was better! My resume is getting a lot of traffic lately, so once we're back from Hawaii, I'll start interviewing! Anyway, back to today! Erin and I had a lot of fun playing with the blocks and I was using the blocks to start working with her on recognizing colors. First we built a castle that used every block we had, or at least could find! Erin thought it was great and decided to sit down inside of it! I then built a duck, but didn't get a pic of it. Once Sammie was home we headed to the library to get some books for her to read on our trip. Her reading amazes me! I'm trying to find books that will challenge her, but don't have too mature of content. Even the librarian was struggling with this one! Books that took her a few days to read at the beginning of the school year are now read in an hour or less! We got a few that are a little longer than she's used to. I'm hoping they will occupy her the whole trip. Next was dance practice. Sammie's group will be dancing at our church's Summerfest on Thursday, June 5th at 7pm. We head to the Cleveland tomorrow afternoon to stay the night before we fly out Saturday morning at 8:30!

No comments: