Monday, June 30, 2008

The Longest Weekend Ever!

Not only did I have two job offers to make a decision about this weekend, we also had a baby shower, a wedding, and a wedding shower on top of Saturday morning swim lessons. I stressed about planning everything out, but it all worked well. George met me at the YMCA so Sammie could finish her swim lesson and I headed to the baby shower at Lollie's for our friends Phil and Anica. It was a really nice shower with excellent food! I then picked George and the kids up to head to the wedding at Skyland Pines. George's best friend Billy's older brother got married. George is really close to the family. The wedding was supposed to be outside but with severe weather threatening, it was moved indoors. I'm sure the wedding video contains audio of Erin screaming "pee pee in the potty". This magical phrase gets her out of any situation she doesn't want to be in and she's not afraid to use it! (and I'm too scared to ignore it!) The kids had a blast at the reception dancing and running around. It was the first time we have taken both kids to a wedding and it went well. We all went to bed early that night, but it was fun! Sunday the girls and I went to Tracy's shower after church. Sammie loved spending time with her cousins Hailey and Mary and Erin had fun wondering around and watching for lightening outside. She has become obsessed with storm watching! It was nice to see Grandma and Grandpa Clapper too. We're hoping to head to their house soon for some swimming now that their pool is open.
Erin loves water! She was pointing it out to everyone!

This might be th only time I've gotten the point the camera at yourself thing to work out really well!

Car ride home after the wedding and it was only 8:30!

I didn't really get any pics of Sammie at the wedding. She was running around with the new friends she had made.

This is a pic of Tracy opening the gift my mom sent up. Sorry it's so dark.

After church on Sunday, we received some sad news. Billy's grandmother had been very sick and was on life support over the weekend. The family had been feeling torn with the wedding on Saturday. She passed away Sunday morning. We will be attending calling hours Wednesday night and the funeral is Thursday morning. George has been asked to be a pallbearer and feels honored to do so. He would go and visit Billy's grandparents every month or so like they were his own. He took the kids a few times this past semester while I was studying. The family has mentioned how much they appreciated George's visits.

No comments: