Thursday, June 26, 2008

Too Much Free Time

It official: I have too much time on my hands! I noticed a baby snail in the little fish tank and remembered the warnings about the rate at which snails multiple, so I kept an eye on the tank. I looked over at lunch the other day and caught them in the act! Eww! Now, I've been trying to find the eggs to prevent snail overload! If not, we'll have to open a cafe serving escargot! As I was telling George about the events in the tank (and showing him the pics I took), he rolled his eyes and told me I needed to get a job. Lol! To date, most of the babies are being sucked up by the filter or eaten by the fish. For now, everything is maintaining naturally. Still can't find where she's hiding the eggs though!

This is part of the pre-mating "dance". I didn't want to post a really graphic picture! I thought, for a second, that this could be a great learning experience for Sammie. She started to ask questions, but I chickened out! I'm not quite ready for that discussion yet!

No comments: