Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Holy Week

We are celebrating Holy Week this week. For Palm Sunday, we celebrated "American" Easter with my family. We had a delicious lunch and then went to visit Grandpa at Woodlawn for dessert. Sammie helped me make and decorate the cake and was so proud of the chicks she made! She did a great job!! Monday night we went to church and the Bishop was there! Erin passed out towards the end of the service and when I went up at the end to venerate the icon of Jesus and the Cross, the Bishop leaned over to kiss Erin on the forehead! Our Bishop is so loving of the children and I felt honored that he took a moment to kiss her. Although I did have to giggle to myself since Erin was snoring!! After the service Tuesday night, Father Nick complimented the choir on their singing saying that was the best Holy Tuesday service he has ever heard! He was right! They sounded beautiful!! Tonight is Holy Wednesday and Holy Unction. I will try to post the pictures I have after church.

Click here to learn more about Holy Week in the Orthodox Faith

No comments: