Monday, April 6, 2009

Out of the Ordinary

Since we didn't have swim lessons Saturday morning, we decided to take the girls to open swim after dinner. Erin was really excited to be able to swim with me again and Sammie just loves to swim any chance she gets! I had Erin in the little pool while George played with Sammie and some other kids in the big pool. They had a cannon ball competition and had a lot of fun! Sammie said several times on Sunday that she had a lot of fun swimming with her dad! Erin made some big steps in her swimming. She started jumping into the pool without someone holding her hands from the start. She got the biggest kick out of jumping in and going under, especially with her goggles on. She had been lunging at me head first so I was standing back a little ways. One jump went straight up and in and I had to lunge to grab her. She of course took in a lot of water but after resting for a minute decided to jump in again. After a couple more jumps, I told her to rest and she told me she was going to throw up. She wasn't coughing or showing any of her other symptoms, so I told her she was fine. A small burp. A big burp. Open swim in the little pool ended early. . . I should have listened!!

No comments: