Thursday, August 21, 2008

Proud Parents

I experienced a few proud parents moments today. I took Sammie to Mason this morning for a tour. The secretary was super nice and a gave Sammie a gift bag full of school swag: a pencil, water bottle, and a pin. She is now excited to start school at Mason! Such a relief! The "I hate that school" comments really had me worried. Then on my way to work, I heard that our friends had their baby this morning. I stopped by to see them on my way in to the office and they were both beaming with first-time-parent pride. After work, George and the kids came down and we all went to see the new baby. Sammie kept stroking her face and Erin was in awe. Of course George and I both held her. You forget how small and sweet they are! When we got home, we found a letter from the school district. Sammie scored at a gifted level on her Terra Nova Achievement Tests in Math, Science, and Social Studies. We didn't tell her she was "gifted", but did tell her she scored really high, high enough for the school to send us a letter! Hive fives all around! I was so proud, tears were swelling up!! George said his first reaction was "Of course she's gifted!"

No comments: