Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Weekend Slips By

Saturday morning George took the girls to their swimming lessons while I headed to the church for the vintage fashion show. They had a good time except for Erin peeing in her high chair in the cafe. She's doing really good, but every once and awhile. . . George also said she was confused the first part of swim, waiting for me to show up to swim with her, but quickly accepted that I wasn't coming and swam with her dad. The show turned out well. I was extremely nervous and Rena had to keep reminding me to smile, and my knees were knocking so bad I had to keep moving to prevent myself from falling! I'll post more pics from the show as I get them. The only picture I have now is of this dress. I saw it and though how beautiful Angie would look in it! She's always loved the color green!After the show, George headed to work while I took the girls shopping for a gift for Katarina's baptism. We came home for dinner and then the fighting started. Erin can be such a bully sometimes. She cracked Sammie really good in the head with one of the magnetic refrigerator toys. Needless to say, they were both in bed a little early! Sunday was church. Both of the girls are enjoying their Sunday School classes. Next stop was the baptism, no time for naps. After the equivalent of 2 church services the little ones (Erin and Giovanni) were worn out, but no time for a nap yet. We headed to a very nice luncheon following the baptism. The kids had fun. Sammie ate a ton! (She must be growing again!!) Erin danced with her baba and both of the kids "attacked" Katarina! They both love that baby SO MUCH!! It's very cute!!


Sammie waiting patiently for cake after eating 2 pieces of chicken, a huge salad, green beans, and a mountain of potatos!
I teasingly told George that the usual American image of a daughter dancing with her father is the daughter standing on the father's feet as they move slowly around. Of course, the Greeks have their own way of doing it and it's just as cute! Erin definitely has her yiayia's dancing spirit! She was the first one on the dance floor, arms in the air!

Once we got home, we watched the Browns game that we had recorded, and they won!! My one friend's theory is as follows (in his words): "by the way, i think i figured out why we won. Jesus must not like the browns but your friends were distracting him with a baptizing so he couldn't put the curse on them this week. i freaking KNEW it...Jesus is a steelers fan" I laughed out loud as I read this at my desk this morning! He may be on to something!! The girls are having fun watching the games with us. Sammie is trying to learn as much as she can before we take her to her first game in November. She is really excited about going!! Erin realized that the players were running and got very excited, "he running, he running, he fall down!" Such a ham! She also randomly yells "go browns!!" I love it!

No comments: