Thursday, February 14, 2008

Remember Your Roots

For all of you that moved to warmer climates (you know who you are :P ), never forget what you have left behind. So on those days when its in the 60's and you reach for a sweater thinking how chilly it is that day, be glad you're not faced with this!
This was taken at my campus this past Monday during our winter storm warning where the temp was below 0 with the windchill. Somehow the temp managed to drop even lower as the day progressed. (Only in Ohio does the temp drop when the sun is out!!) Kent Stark is notorious for never cancelling classes. At least they have an amazing grounds crew that does an excellent job of keeping the walkways cleared. However, they were kind enough to cancel classes Tuesday from noon on so students could avoid the freezing rain! I had to let my car run for awhile to melt the ice before I could drive home Tuesday. Then last night, as I was taking the trash out, I slipped on the stairs on our back porch. So, remember it might be "chilly" but you're not risking a bruised bum navigating the lovely Ohio weather!

No comments: