Monday, May 4, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We sold the Lumina this morning. It was a bittersweet goodbye. I even teared up a little when George emailed me that the new owner had picked it up. It was officially gone. We have so many wonderful memories with this car. George and I went on our first date in this car. We went to Parasson's on Arlington and George drove and has driven ever since. We took our first "family" vacation to Tennessee in this car! We drove at night so that Sammie would sleep and I nearly killed us in Cincinnati when the lanes went from 2 to 4. I was more concerned about the number of lanes rather than the semi trying to merge onto the highway beside me! There are also tons of maintenance stories from installing stereos, speakers and Sirius to busted motor mounts, cleaning the wheels with brake cleaner and dropping the alternator bolt into a leaf covered yard. (Never did find that bolt!) Farewell old friend! You will be missed! (but a least we no longer have to worry about what fluid you will leak next!!)

No comments: