


As I was going to bed during a pretty bad wind storm, I heard what I thought was our gutters being ripped off of our house. Turns out is was a tree falling onto the neighbor's garage! Luckily, no major damage was done! The extent of the wind damage at our house was the canopy of the swing coming half way off with one of the poles in the neighbor's yard. The tree removal guys showed up on Valentine's day around dinner time and killed our power without warning us first. Luckily, dinner was mostly cooked, but we did get to eat dinner by candle light. You can see the candles burning in the picture with the girls. We giggled all through dinner. George and I kept the romance going after we put the kids to bed by watching the guys cut the tree down. At one point I was sitting outside and one guy asked me if I was enjoying the show. I responded that I couldn't watch anything on TV so what else was I supposed to do! They finished up and restored our power about 10pm. The next day, dad, Karen, EJ, and Tracy came by to grab the wood for their furnaces. The twigs they didn't take are still sitting in the neighbor's yard and their part of the driveway (no surprise there!). Thanks again guys for helping with the cleanup!! Unfortunately, the truck that the tree removers used put a huge crack in our freshly sealed driveway. We have opened a claim with them and they are supposed to take care of it. Cross your fingers for a new driveway and not just another patch!!
No comments:
Post a Comment