Saturday, March 8, 2008

Digging Out!







We decided to clear out the driveway and walkways at our house this morning during a break in the snowfall. I had to force the back door open in order to get out. I measured the snow on the back deck which is pictured above. There was also a couple of inches on the front deck. We brought the girls out to play while we shoveled. All I could find for Erin to wear was hand-me-downs from Sammie that were way to big! The snow suit was a 4/5 and the boots were 7/8. She managed to get around a little, it was very 'A Christmas Story'! The girls had a blast! Sammie pulled Erin around in the sled and helped baba clear out the driveway using buckets. Erin was not afraid of the snow at all even when she was falling in. I think the pictures show how much snow we had to deal with. It started snowing again as we finished the driveway. So far, there has been less than an inch since we stopped shoveling, but we're expecting some more! On a happy note, it was nice to be snowed in and spend the day together without worrying about basketball, swimming, and all the craziness we have on the weekends.

No comments: