So much has happened!
Aunt Angie came to town. Sammie was so excited! (Angie was too!) We had a great weekend. We ate all of Angie's local favorites: Snyder BBQ chips with Superior Chip Dip, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Oven. We then turned her on to one of our local favorites, the bitner from Taggart's! Angie was glad to be home, but missed the warm LA sun after one day in the cold!
We had American Easter Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma makes the best gravies!! I think George and I are now hooked on ham gravy! :) We then hung out and played some cards until Erin was ready to go home for a nap! Angie and Sammie stayed longer and then went to dinner with Carol, John, Cassandra, and Sergio at Golden Coral.
Erin was a little shy with Aunt Angie at first but warmed up to her. She kept calling her mama. Maybe Angie and I look more alike than we realize!!
We also purchased a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer this weekend. We love it! It has all the impractical bells and whistles I have always wanted and some that I never knew I wanted! Growing up, mom and Eddie always said that the bells and whistles aren't what's important, but boy are they fun!! It's replacing the Saturn Vue, which we have to turn in June when the lease is up. This gives us time to clean it up so we can't be dinged for anything upon turn in. (Cross your fingers!)
On the potty front, Erin is starting to tell us more and more when she has either just gone or needs to go. I went to change her this morning when she woke up, but she was dry. I asked her if she had to go potty and she smiled (which in Erin, means yes). She sat there for a few minutes while I was braiding Sammie's hair and then peed, a lot. It's amazing how well she's doing! She gets better and better every day. I only wish the daycare would work with her on it too. I know she seems too young, but we've been following her lead. She likes it! I need to find a traveling potty.
Sammie and I also picked up our glasses again today. Sammie's fit better and don't look too big, and my lenses seem perfect now and the fit is so much better now that the temples have been cut. I think she said they cut 6mm off in all!
Sammie's dance practice is becoming more intense in preparation for the fundraiser May 4th (Thanks to all who have bought tickets and are able to come!! I have the tickets and we have two tables reserved on one of the balconies. From what I hear, these are the best seats!) Sammie will also be playing her first basketball game this Saturday at the YMCA. Her coach said she is doing very well for never playing before! On Sunday, the Greek school students will be reciting poems and singing songs, in Greek, in celebration on Greek Independence Day. Sammie has been working hard to finish memorizing her poem. The dress rehearsal this past Monday helped to kick her into gear!
The countdown continues to graduation: 5 weeks of classes and then finals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment