Thursday, March 6, 2008

Potty Time?

We went to Milk 'n' Honey for dinner tonight. I went to change Erin in the bathroom. There was no baby changing station and Erin was just wet, so I changed her standing up. While I was changing her, she pointed to the potty and made did the squat and grunt move that yiayia has been teaching her. I thought she was just being cute. Not even 10 mins later, she had made a mess in her diaper. She does not like having messy pants and grabs her diaper and says eww! Luckily we were done eating, so we packed up quickly and brought her home. Just for fun, I put her on her potty while I got her bath ready, and she actually peed!! It was only a few drops, but it's a start! We were all cheering for her. I'm going to try to let her sit on her little potty a couple times a day. I'd rather help pull her pants up and down than change dirty diapers!!
I didn't realize until it was too late, but there is some dried juice in the potty too. I guess that's what happens when the potty is a toy before its a potty. I know its hard to see and kind of gross, but we are so proud of our little peanut and are looking forward to the start of the potty-training journey.

No comments: