
(Sammie asked to be the one to sit out for the 4th quarter. Not sure why?)Sammie played her first basketball game on Saturday. It was really cute to watch. The ref was really nice! He high-fived all of the parents before the start of the game. He didn't make too many calls, mostly reminded them of the rules. For example, if one of the girls started traveling, he would say "Who's running with the ball?" Sammie got the ball a couple of times. Unfortunately, there is a girl on her team that loves the ball. She guarded whoever had the ball instead of her assigned girl and would not pass, even when she couldn't move and several girls were open! She would grab the ball from her teammaetes when rebounding, and was obviously iritated when she didn't have the ball. Of the 22 point scored by Sammie's team, all but 4 were scored by this girl. Some of the girls on the team started guarding her and taking the ball from her just so they could have a chance. Sammie was able to grab a couple rebounds though. Her first one was at her team basket and she was so excited that she took off running, towards the wrong basket! She went for a couple shots, but wasn't able to make any. One of her strong points was defense. She did an excelent job remembering to find her girl and keep her arms up. Even though it's difficult to juggle all of the practice schedules, I'm glad Sammie's in basketball. It appears she has a knack for team sports! Erin loved watching the game. She was even clapping and yelling yeah with me! (The settings on my camera were wuit right so they pictures aren't very good. Sorry!)
Saturday, we went to a wedding, and Jill watched the girls for us. They had an Easter egg hunt and ate lots of pizza! I have a feeling I will need to clean out dressers soon. The girls have both been eating tons! Growth spurts are on the way!!
We went shopping on Sunday to get Erin some new dresses. She has grown out of the ones she has. I had to buy her 24 months/2T because of her belly. She doesn't meet the height or weight requirement listed on the tag for 24 months, but when I tried the 18 months stuff on her, it was tight around her belly! I'm going to try to stop by the resale shops this week to get Erin some bigger clothes. I forgot how fas they grow at this age!
No comments:
Post a Comment