









George and I decided to celebrate our anniversary with a weekend trip to Cleveland. We arrived Friday evening and ordered take out from The Winking Lizard after walking through the East 4th Street area. We woke up way to early Saturday morning and went to the West Side Market. The market was really neat. We walked though it a few times and picked up some great stuff. We also ate breakfast at the West Side Market Cafe. We explored the Ohio City area and visited a Greek import store called Athens Pastries and a German import store that I can't remember the name of. We saw an awesome lamp in the window of the Cleveland Film Society's building on our way to Great Lakes Brewery. We got a tasting sampler of all of the beers they had on draft and enjoyed some pretzels. After grabbing lunch at the market, we headed back to the hotel for a siesta. I woke up from our nap with a horrible stomach ache, but rallied so that we could keep our dinner reservations at the Greenhouse Tavern. We got to sit at the chef's table in the kitchen. It was really neat to see even though I didn't feel well and couldn't bring myself to eat (and smashed my finger in the chair). After dinner we headed back to the hotel and sat in bed all night watching lame movies on TV. I started to feel better later in the evening and ate a little of the bread we bought at the market. Sunday morning we slept in and then headed to brunch at The Flying Fig. We stopped by Trader Joes and Penzeys Spices before heading home. It was a relaxing weekend despite the illness and it was nice for George and I to spend some quiet time alone.A Side Note: A few months ago, a friend of mine sent me these lovely travel commercial spoofs for Cleveland (Part 1 and Part 2). We think they are hilarious and often sing lines from them. We sang them almost non-stop the entire weekend and snapped a couple of pictures to go along with the fun.
Here's me spotting both of the buildings (I see 3!! Bonus!):

And here's a payphone:
No comments:
Post a Comment