Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sudden Change of Plans

We were all set to go to the Browns game Saturday night. First stop was a birthday party and then we would drop Erin off with my mom and head to the game with my dad. Erin was a little cranky when she got up from her nap, but then seemed ok. At the birthday party, she refused to eat and said her tummy hurt. Then she started crying and I carried her into the house. She started to say she was going to throw up and then did so, all over me, as I set foot in the bathroom. We attempted to drop her off with my mom but she screamed that she didn't want to stay. She wanted to go home with me. Since my maternal nurturing is stronger than my love for the Browns (if only slightly), I stayed home with Erin. Once I was able to get her to keep some tylenol down, she was fine. She even ate chicken noodle soup for dinner. I texted George for updates and watched the game on TV after Erin went to bed. They had a great time (and it helped that the Browns actually won)! Erin woke up shortly after George got home with a 102 fever. A steady stream of tylenol helped to keep everything under control the rest of the night and on Sunday. I asked the doctor about Erin's special puking power at her check up on Monday and he said that I should just consider myself lucky that the tylenol stops it!

No comments: